West Ham - Arsenal

Regular Season - 24
Kickoff: 2024-02-11 04:00

Who will win?

0%
0%
0%

Votes: 0

West Ham - Arsenal Predictions

Prediction: Draw or Arsenal
Best odds: 2.37

In the bustling heart of London, a Premier League showdown looms as West Ham welcome Arsenal to the London Stadium. With predictions favoring a surprising tilt towards the Hammers, fans are bracing for a clash that defies the odds and could reshape the top-tier narrative.

Key Players

For West Ham, the defensive backbone is pivotal, with Konstantinos Mavropanos standing tall. His rating of 6.80 and a solid record of 248 passes suggest reliability, although his offensive contributions are modest with a single goal. Alongside him, Kurt Happy Zouma's presence is equally imposing. With a 6.85 rating, Zouma's aerial threat could be crucial, given his 5 shots on target this season. Rounding off the trio is Nayef Aguerd, whose 6.87 rating and 852 passes make him a key figure in transitioning defense to attack.

Arsenal's challenge comes with flair and finesse, notably from Takehiro Tomiyasu, whose 6.89 rating is a testament to his balanced play. In attack, Edward Keddar Nketiah stands out with a 6.90 rating, 5 goals, and 10 shots on target, suggesting he could be the difference-maker. Not to be overlooked, Leandro Trossard boasts a 6.92 rating and a knack for creativity, with 13 key passes and 3 goals to his name.

Recent Form

West Ham's recent form reads like a rollercoaster, with an inconsistent string of results (DDWWW) that nevertheless sees them sitting at a respectable 6th place with 35 points. Arsenal, meanwhile, with a more stable trajectory (WWLLD), occupy the 3rd spot, tied on points with Manchester City but with a superior goal difference.

Head-to-Head History

The head-to-head encounters between these two London rivals have been nothing short of dramatic. Their last meeting on December 28, 2023, saw West Ham triumph with a 2-0 victory at Arsenal's home ground. Prior to that, a 2-2 stalemate on April 16, 2023, proved the competitive nature of this fixture. However, Arsenal had claimed a 3-1 win on December 26, 2022, showcasing their ability to outscore the Hammers.

Prediction

The predictions are in, and they lean towards a West Ham advantage, with a "Double chance: West Ham or draw" advice. The percentages offer a 45% chance for a West Ham win, a 45% draw likelihood, and a mere 10% for an Arsenal victory. This prediction takes into account the Hammers' home form, their defensive solidity, and the recent head-to-head record.

The poisson distribution, often used to predict the outcome of football matches, suggests a tight game, with West Ham at 45% and Arsenal at 55%. The goals percentage also favors West Ham slightly, with a 53% chance of outscoring Arsenal, who stands at 47%.

Taking all data into account, the forecast points to a hard-fought match, likely low-scoring, given the under 2.5 goals prediction for both teams. With West Ham's formidable defense and Arsenal's attacking prowess, fans can expect a tactical battle with moments of individual brilliance potentially tipping the scale.

In conclusion, the prediction leans towards a resilient West Ham performance, likely securing at least a point. The spotlight will shine on Konstantinos Mavropanos, Nayef Aguerd, and Leandro Trossard, as their contributions could very well dictate the pace and outcome of the match. Will the Hammers hold firm and upset the odds, or will Arsenal's attacking flair prevail? Sunday's clash at the London Stadium is set to provide the answers.

Prediction probabilities

Strength

40%
60%

Attacking Potential

31%
69%

Defensive Potential

50%
50%

Poisson Distribution

46%
54%

Stregth H2H

50%
50%

Goals H2H

53%
47%

Wins the game

45%
55%

West Ham - Arsenal Head to Head

Premier League standings

Rank Team MP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Arsenal players, news and schedule Arsenal 31 22 5 4 75 24 51 71
2 Liverpool players, news and schedule Liverpool 31 21 8 2 72 30 42 71
3 Manchester City players, news and schedule Manchester City 31 21 7 3 71 31 40 70
4 Aston Villa players, news and schedule Aston Villa 32 18 6 8 66 49 17 60
5 Tottenham players, news and schedule Tottenham 30 17 6 7 62 44 18 57
6 Manchester United players, news and schedule Manchester United 31 15 4 12 45 46 -1 49
7 West Ham players, news and schedule West Ham 32 13 9 10 52 56 -4 48
8 Newcastle players, news and schedule Newcastle 31 14 5 12 65 52 13 47
9 Chelsea players, news and schedule Chelsea 29 12 7 10 53 50 3 43
10 Brighton players, news and schedule Brighton 31 11 10 10 51 49 2 43
11 Wolves players, news and schedule Wolves 31 12 6 13 44 49 -5 42
12 Bournemouth players, news and schedule Bournemouth 31 11 8 12 45 55 -10 41
13 Fulham players, news and schedule Fulham 32 11 6 15 47 51 -4 39
14 Crystal Palace players, news and schedule Crystal Palace 31 7 9 15 36 54 -18 30
15 Everton players, news and schedule Everton 31 9 8 14 32 42 -10 29
16 Brentford players, news and schedule Brentford 32 7 8 17 45 58 -13 29
17 Nottingham Forest players, news and schedule Nottingham Forest 31 7 8 16 39 53 -14 25
18 Luton players, news and schedule Luton 32 6 7 19 45 65 -20 25
19 Burnley players, news and schedule Burnley 32 4 7 21 32 67 -35 19
20 Sheffield Utd players, news and schedule Sheffield Utd 30 3 6 21 28 80 -52 15