Toulouse - Nantes

Regular Season - 21
Kickoff: 2024-02-11 04:00

Who will win?

0%
0%
0%

Votes: 0

Toulouse - Nantes Predictions

Prediction: Toulouse or draw
Best odds: 1.37
Prediction: Under 3.5
Best odds: 1.30

As the French Ligue 1 season continues to unfold, a captivating encounter is on the horizon. On a serene Sunday in Toulouse, the local favorites Toulouse are set to lock horns with Nantes in what's shaping up to be a pivotal match for both sides. The predictions are in, and they hint at a potential edge for the home side, but in football, the outcome is never set in stone.

Key Players to Watch

For Toulouse, the spotlight shines on their attacking prowess, with Zakaria Aboukhlal leading the charge. With a rating of 6.78 and a keen eye for goal, Aboukhlal has already found the back of the net 3 times this season, while his 6 shots on target from 7 attempts illustrate his precision in front of goal.

In the midfield, César Gelabert Piña has been the creative linchpin with a rating of 6.84. His contribution of 1 assist and 9 key passes from a total of 242 indicates his importance in orchestrating the play and setting up scoring opportunities.

Leading Toulouse's attack alongside Aboukhlal is Frank Magri, whose rating of 6.86 and 4 goals make him a formidable threat. His 11 shots on target from 23 attempts are a testament to his attacking mindset and ability to trouble the opposition's defense.

Nantes, on the other hand, will place their trust in the midfield acumen of Samuel Alain Moutoussamy, who boasts a rating of 6.74. His 281 passes and 10 key passes are indicative of his role as a central figure in Nantes' strategy to control the game's tempo.

Upfront, Marcus Regis Coco will aim to add to his goal tally, having scored once this season. His role as an attacker will be crucial for Nantes as they seek to penetrate Toulouse's defense.

In defense, Jean-Charles Victor Castelletto will be a key figure for Nantes. With a rating of 6.77 and 746 passes to his name, his defensive solidity and distribution from the back will be vital in thwarting Toulouse's attacks.

Recent Form

Toulouse's recent form has been a mixed bag, with their last five games resulting in a win, two draws, and two losses (WLDLD). Nantes, however, will be looking to build on their recent victory after a tough run of four consecutive losses (LLLLW). Both teams are in a tight spot on the league table, with Toulouse at 14th place with 17 points and Nantes just above them in 13th with 18 points.

Head-to-Head History

The head-to-head record between these two teams provides an intriguing backdrop to the upcoming match. Their most recent encounter on August 13, 2023, saw Toulouse emerge victorious with a 2-1 win at Nantes' home ground. The previous two matches included a goalless draw on May 14, 2023, and a dominant 5-1 victory for Toulouse on April 29, 2023. However, Nantes did manage a win against Toulouse on August 28, 2022, with a scoreline of 3-1.

Prediction

The predictions suggest a favorable outcome for Toulouse, with a "Combo Double chance: Toulouse or draw and -3.5 goals" being the advice given. The statistical analysis gives Toulouse a 45% chance of winning, a 45% chance for a draw, and only a 10% chance for a Nantes victory. The form, attack, defense, and head-to-head records all seem to tilt in favor of the home team.

With the poisson distribution giving Toulouse a 64% chance of scoring and a 71% head-to-head home advantage, it's clear that the odds are stacked in their favor. However, Nantes will come into this match with the intention to disrupt these predictions and climb further away from the relegation zone.

Expect a tightly contested match with Toulouse likely to capitalize on their home advantage and recent form to either win or secure a draw. The prediction of fewer than 3.5 goals also suggests a game that might be decided by a single moment of brilliance or a defensive lapse. In the end, Toulouse's key players like Zakaria Aboukhlal and Frank Magri could very well be the difference-makers in this Ligue 1 encounter.

Prediction probabilities

Strength

88%
13%

Attacking Potential

83%
17%

Defensive Potential

50%
50%

Poisson Distribution

64%
36%

Stregth H2H

71%
29%

Goals H2H

64%
36%

Wins the game

70%
30%

Toulouse - Nantes Head to Head

Ligue 1 standings

Rank Team MP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Paris Saint Germain players, news and schedule Paris Saint Germain 28 18 9 1 65 24 41 63
2 Stade Brestois 29 players, news and schedule Stade Brestois 29 28 15 8 5 41 23 18 53
3 Lille players, news and schedule Lille 28 13 10 5 42 25 17 49
4 Monaco players, news and schedule Monaco 27 14 7 6 52 38 14 49
5 Nice players, news and schedule Nice 28 12 8 8 28 22 6 44
6 Lens players, news and schedule Lens 28 12 7 9 37 30 7 43
7 Reims players, news and schedule Reims 28 11 7 10 35 36 -1 40
8 Marseille players, news and schedule Marseille 28 10 9 9 41 33 8 39
9 Rennes players, news and schedule Rennes 27 10 9 8 40 33 7 39
10 Lyon players, news and schedule Lyon 27 10 5 12 31 41 -10 35
11 Toulouse players, news and schedule Toulouse 28 8 9 11 32 36 -4 33
12 Strasbourg players, news and schedule Strasbourg 28 8 9 11 30 39 -9 33
13 Montpellier players, news and schedule Montpellier 28 8 9 11 35 40 -5 32
14 LE Havre players, news and schedule LE Havre 28 6 10 12 27 36 -9 28
15 Nantes players, news and schedule Nantes 27 8 4 15 26 42 -16 28
16 Lorient players, news and schedule Lorient 28 6 8 14 35 52 -17 26
17 Metz players, news and schedule Metz 28 6 5 17 28 48 -20 23
18 Clermont Foot players, news and schedule Clermont Foot 28 4 9 15 20 47 -27 21